"Advertuers of Mr. Quigley Photography"

"Advertuers of Mr. Quigley Photography"
Welcome to the travels and adventures of Mr Quigley Photography

Monday, May 10, 2010

If the eye could see...

Canon 1 D 70 to 200 IS lens (first generation). I pushed the shutter when I thought this shooter would pull the trigger thus capturing the muzzle flash.



Cameras capture things the eye cannot see. Even high speed video cameras must be slowed way down to see the flash of gunfire and never really at this level. I love to TRY and capture the powder burning as it leaves the barrel. Black powder is classified as an explosive and at the right moment in time this type of an image can be captured.

I love to shoot black powder guns and use them to hunt with. From my old flintlock muzzleloaders, cap and ball pistols, long range sharps rifles to 1870 cartridge guns these old black powder guns are fun to shoot! I think if our eye ever really saw the explosion coming from our barrels we would probably never shoot them again.

Shoot well and stay safe!


Mark