"Advertuers of Mr. Quigley Photography"

"Advertuers of Mr. Quigley Photography"
Welcome to the travels and adventures of Mr Quigley Photography

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Yosemite National Park in Winter


Recently I covered a quick product photo shoot in California.  After completing the work, I drove the rental car over to Yosemite National Park,  while the roads were open.

                                      A mixture of frozen water.

 I know this is not my typical blog post but several people have asked that I share some of the images I created. Some of the images that follow may be a bit weird and not your typical Yosemite Park photographs.

About 1/2 of the images were created with Panasonic point and shoot cameras.  The others with Canon DSLR's






This was my first time to the park in winter and I didn't know what to expect, except cold weather. And cold it was warming to 24 during the day.



The park was free from the typical crowds and simply dressing for the conditions I found myself comfortable during my two day stay.  I was constantly outside.



One thing to plan for if you go are icy and slippery roads. Snow chains or 4x4 vehicles with snow tires are required. Even with that they still close the roads when bad weather rolls in. So your stay may be extended at times.

Snow



I highly recommend Yosemite in the winter now that I have experienced it personally.

The other thing I found helpful if you plan to hike some of the trails, are portable snow cleats that attach to the bottoms of any shoe. These will keep you from slipping on ice.









Coyote, hunting.






Reflections.




Lone tree ekes out a living in the rock covered landscape. 





Morning reflections.


Wherever you go its hard not to find places where a litterbug has not been. 
Its dinner time!



Don't forget to visit the Ansel Adams photographic gallery.







Cold stormy sunset. Brrrr... my fingers hurt from making photographs. 
Time to hike the trail back.