"Advertuers of Mr. Quigley Photography"

"Advertuers of Mr. Quigley Photography"
Welcome to the travels and adventures of Mr Quigley Photography

Friday, April 2, 2010

Bushhawk Sholder Stock


Before BushHawk came out (about 20 years ago) I had devised a wooden rifle shoulder stock to house my film cameras. It worked good for my wildlife work and gave me a steady platform to use telephoto lens. I could never get the trigger system (shutter release) right though. Well when I found out about the BrushHawk  shoulder stock I ordered one!


Through the years folks have asked about the BushHawk device that we use here at Mr. Quigley Photography and how we liked it.

http://www.mrquigleyphotography.com/

 I love it for certain kinds of photography work! You may ask what kind of work?


I use my BrushHawk shoulder stock for
creating images like these.

• Long lens wildlife shots ... adds stability when you don’t have time to set up a tripod. Sometimes when I’m patrolling I have this set up on the seat next to me to catch a poacher or sudden wildlife.

• The new generation of DSLR's that shoot movies I find again adds stability for the movie.

• Some panning shots using telephoto lens. We have used the stock setup for our old west posse pics where robbers are being chased by the posse.

• Bird photography.




Early morning light images with the aid of a BrushHawk stock.


Here are a few things I like about this camera support.
  •  A steady platform with a excellent two stage trigger system that works!
  •  Something that may sound strange is ... I like the way I can carry a camera easily in the field.
  •  Since I am a rifle shooter it is easy for me to use the shooting disciplines in long range shooting along with this camera stock. I shoulder...take a deep breath...focus... steady the stock and squeeze off a photograph. It is very successful for me and I retain a high percentage of distant images.
  •  BrushHawk makes long distance photography easy and enjoyable.
 
The 2 stage trigger.


Connection from camera to stock.

I set mine up with a rifle sling or you can use the sling that comes with it so I can throw it over my shoulder quickly when I go for a quick hike for ease of carry.

I recommend you get the shoulder pad. The release cable is sold separately and by the way different cables for different cameras.

Dave the company’s owner has been a joy to work with through the years and repaired my original stock for a reasonable cost and has fast turnaround times for pros.


The Brushhawlk shoulder stock aids in steadying
images in action photography.


The BushHawk stock is perfect for bird photography.


At times I will keep my camera attached to the "Hawk"
when I’m out on patrol. Sometimes there is not
enough time to set up a tripod to snap a quick
shot like this one.


So where do you get such a cool shoulder stock?

 Visit this website and tell them I sent you over.

 Well worth the money! We own a couple now.

http://www.bushhawk.com/Home.htm

Shoot well and stay safe....Mark

http://www.MrQuigleyPhotography.com/